Universal is a first paraglider ever to smoothly and efficiently merge two aspects:
- nicely hadling free-flying paraglider (with EN/B certificate),
- full-blood paramotor canopy (conforming to the DGAC standard).
Universal is a great free-flying recreational paraglider, including cross-country flights. Beginning XC pilots will surely appreciate exceptional comfort in uneasy thermals, resulting from considerable amount of reflex traits present in the design.
On activating the trimmers, Universal becomes a full reflex paramotor wing, good for both leisure and cruise flying, thermalling, last but not least for initial paramotor training.
No matter what kind of flying you choose, the Universal has a perfect launch, rigid canopy, is pretty agile, nicely handling and safe.
Exceptional versatility of the Universal is a result of its genesis. The wing was born as a byproduct of the Synthesis2 development process. One of the paths we’ve been following was creation of a relatively simple paramotor wing, featuring better economy, agility, easy launch and low power demand. Some of the prototypes did not stood up to legendary stability of the original Synthesis, but demonstrated many other valuable traits we did not like to drop. So, we’ve explored that path and as a result we proudly present the Universal, which will become a favourite of the beginner and recreational pilots, with or without a paramotor on their back.
As is the case of all our paragliders, the design draws on our long-time experience, simultaneously incorporating stae-of-the-art technologies. The Universal is in last stages of receiving both free-flying (EN-B) and paramotor (DGAC) documents.
Beginner and recreational pilots flying exclusively paramotor. Perfectly suited for initial PPG training.
Beginner and recreational pilots flying exclusively free.
Beginner and recreational pilots flying mostly free, sometimes with paramotor.
Beginner and recreational pilots flying mostly with paramotor, sometimes free.
Beginner and recreational pilots flying both free and paramotor.
Relation to other paragliders
The tables below compare some of our paragliders’ features.
FET – Flexi Edge Technology
The Universal features Dudek Flexi Egde technology. Precise shape of the leading edge is ensured by reinforcements of laminated cloth combined with synthetic rods, which significantly improve launch performance and protect the paraglider against collapses at high speed.
CSG – Canopy Shape Guard
Unique system controlling canopy coherence along its entire wigspan, practically eliminating any lateral movements.
Most of all, the CSG oversees three key factors:
- it forms the canopy, so that its shape remains as close to designed 3D image as possible, with equally distributed loads. Lack of attention here would result in irregular surface with balloons instead of flat cells (unfortunately, stil quite a frequent sight, even owing of ‘renowned’ manufacturers).
- CSG stabilizes canopy in flight. No pilot likes to see his wing moving like an accordion, especially as it does significantly hamper its performance.
- CSG improves durability of the paraglider. Simple designs pay for locally accumulated stress with deformations – the most dangerous are those visible as lateral faults on the upper surface between suspension line rows. With the Nucleon WRC that danger is practically eliminated.
CSG consists of following subsystems:
- VSS (V-shaped Supports) - densely placed diagonal supports, bolstering each rib on both sides (most wings have only one-sided supports). Their size, shape and placement make sure that no lateral folds will occur – a vital point in preserving laminar airflow, especially at high speeds.
- RSS (Reinforcing Strap System) - an independent reinforcement net on lower surface, strengthening and stiffening the whole canopy.
- OCD (Optimized Crossports Design) - the intercellar openings of carefully designed shapes, optimally placed between stress lines in the ribs.
- CCS (Closed Cell Structure) - This is a number of closed cells in the most important places. Its goal is to hinder the backflow from the cells out, thus facilitating their refill and canopy recovery in case of a collapse.
The only flaws of the CSG are the increase in weight (about 1 kg), material- and labour consumption, and of course overall cost. Yet it is well worth the sweat, as in turn we get a no-compromise product of highest performance and quality, able to keep its original parameters for a long, long time.
Nucleon WRC is manufactured in new technology, utilising capabiities of precise laser cutter. The entire production process takes place at our Kowalewo facility, ensuring European quality and personal supervision of the designer himself.
Upper surface is made of Dominico Tex cloth (38 and 41 g/m2 weight).
Lower surface features the same cloth of 34 g/m2 weight.
Ribs are made of Porcher Skytex 40 Hard covered with E29a impregnate.
All reinforcements are made of laminated SR-Scrim cloth.
All Nucleon lines have coloured polyester sheath. Due to low number of lines we’ve made sure they are strong enough by choosing brown Technora core. In this way rigging remains strong and reliable.
All quick-links between risers and suspension lines are made of polished stainless-steel, with proven durability and restiance to corrosion. We use exclusively the attested quicklinks of French Peguet company. In our opinion and that of many other leading companies these are the best products available.
ACS – Auto Cleaning Slots:
On the wingtips you can find dedicated slots, automatically removing dirt from the canopy.
Nucleon is equipped with a new version of the alternative steering system. ALC+ is more efficient and affects the canopy in more proportionate way. In effect steering appears to be smoother. System allows for aggressive turns even at full speed, withour spoiling the reflex profile. This is especially important in bigger sizes, without dedicated solutions plagued by big steering forces and poor agility.
The steering toggle is a red ball, position of which you can easily adjust to your needs and preferences. Additionally, the ball and line system has been sorted out as much as possible, in order to minimize possible tangling into risers etc. Of course you are free to use just the basic steering handles – with ignored ALC ball the whole system will stay inactive.
TEA (Torque Effect Adjuster)
The task of this feature is to counteract the effect of engine torque, that tends to make the paraglider turn in the direction opposite to the propeller’s rotation. TEA balances the torque by adjusting the length of some wingtip lines, and it can be adjusted to match you specific combination of paramotor/propeller. Simple to use, effective and easy to toggle on & off in the air.
TCT – comfortable and universal steering handles
Beside modern look, TCT feature swivels, Easy Keeper system (strong neodymium magnets) and handles offering easy conversion from hard through medium to soft brake handles.
EK – Easy Keeper
Easy Keeper is our home-grown way to hold the brake handles at the risers. Strong neodymium magents keep them firmly in place, while both attaching and releasing goes smoothly and easily.
Exact placing of the magnets on the risers is adjustable.
Trimmer afects speed range similar as the speed-system (ca. 10 km/h). It consists of a buckle and a properly marked tape (red – slow and blue – fast trimer settings). Trimmer is designed with fast and simple replacement of the worn-out or damaged tape in mind.
Complete Paraglider Kit You Receive Includes:
- Moto Bag (a backpack with separable quick-pack)
- Transport bag including compression strap
- comfortable Easy Catch speed bar
- pouch with documents and repair kit (self-adhesive cloth, spare line)
- wind ribbon or windsock
- small gifts
Total worth of these additional parts amounts to approximately $300
When ordering the Universal please state your propeller turn direction (looking from behind) and preferred hangpoints (high or low), so that we can prepare your risers accordingly (position of steering handles and balls).
With none information received, paraglider will be expedited with clockwise turning prop and low hangpoint setting. Of course switching the configuration is relatively easy to do at any time.
|Surface area flat [m2]||23.00||25.50||28.00||31.00|
|Surface area projected [m2]||19.83||21.98||24.14||26.72|
|Wingspan flat [m]||10.83||11.40||11.95||12.57|
|Wingspan projected [m]||8.71||9.17||9.61||10.11|
|Aspect ratio flat||5,10|
|Aspect ratio projected||3,83|
|Sink [m/s]||min = 1,1; trim= 1,3-2,2; max = 3,0|
|Speed [km/h]||min = 23; trim = 37-52; max = 57|
|Longest chord [cm]||261.20||275.10||288.20||303.30|
|Shortest chord [cm]||60.10||63.30||66.30||69.80|
|Lines+risers length [m]||6.82||7.18||7.53||7.92|
|Total lines length [m]||344.01||362.82||380.74||401.20|
|Take-off weight* DGAC [kg]||55-90||70-115||90-140||110-170|
|Take-off weight EN [kg]||55-75||70-95||90-115||110-140|
|Lines||Technora 1,2 & 1,3 & 1,5 & 1,8 & 2,3|
|Cloth|| Dominico tex 34 i 41 g/m2
Dominico tex Hard 40 g/m2
SR Scrim, SR Laminate 180 g/m2
|Risers||Pasamon – Bydgoszcz, Polska|